Writing a resume is a difficult task for the new job-seekers. The fresh graduates or students have no experience of marketing their skills in the job market. Also, the professional language of the resume and style of writing are the most important factors, which many people are not aware of. The most important points about a resume are:
- Type of the resume: A resume can be of different types. Most popular types are chronological resume and functional resume. Students or graduates should opt for the chronological resume, which highlights their recent achievements, in an attentive manner. Functional resume is for the candidates who want to emphasize the responsibilities handled by them, and not their job history. Some may use the combination of these two types.
- The job profile: The important factor that determines the style of resume, is the nature of job that you are applying for. There are lot of job opportunities in every field. Every job profile requires different skills and qualifications. Therefore, a resume should be designed according to the type of vacancy.
- Key points: Every resume should have the ability to grab the attention of the employers. It should have some highlights that will create an impressive image of the job-seeker. These points may represent your talent in specific branch or any achievement related to your field. These are called as key points in your resume.
- Presentation skills: Though a person is well qualified and has a long list of educational achievements, it is necessary to present them in an attractive manner. A neatly written and to the point resume will always preferred by the companies. So, it is important to learn the presentation skills while writing a resume.
- Include the essentials about your identification and contact details: The resume should contain the complete details about your official identification and address. Do not forget to include residential phone numbers. In case of changes in any personal details, immediately update them on resume.
- Use simple and formal language: The language is a vital part of a resume. Therefore, mention your qualifications in the points. Do not use informal phrases, as they may create very casual and bad impression on the HR officers. Remember that a decent and grammatically correct language will be a plus point for you.
- Mention the recent activities first: A chronological system will help you to put your currently acquired skills on the top. Mention your technical details and educational qualifications on this basis. These relevant information will help you to get an appropriate job.
- Educational qualifications and other activities: A preference should be given to the related qualification and achievements. So, keep the list of your extra-curricular activities in the later part of the resume. Do not forget to mention any notable success in your hobbies and interests. However, be concise while mentioning these other achievements.
About Author: Nancy Evans is a professional freelance writer. She has more than five years of experience in writing. She loves to have career related discussion and helps job seekers to find the right job that suits their skills and qualification. For more information refer www.exampleofaresume.org and www.aroj.com